2.04.2012

i heard the streets were paved with gold, that's what my father said



i am a changed woman. okay, that's a bit dramatic, but all my life i've been a silver type of girl...as pretty as gold looks, i've just never been drawn to it and have neglected nearly every gold item i own in favor of lighter hued metals.
well, like my first hyperbolic sentence suggests, i am a convert. lately i have been obsessed with gold anything and have frantically been digging out all my neglected gold pieces. here are a few of my favorites...


  • sparrow earrings from topshop - picked these up about 3 years ago in london..these get so much attention when i wear them. they look a lot more expensive than they actually were, which is always nice!
  •    michael kors rose gold watch - christmas gift from mum and dad...this is the piece that made me go ga ga for gold! it goes with everything and i love it.
  •  madewell red enamel and diamante necklace - i've recently gotten really into madewell and this necklace is one of the nicest things that i have purchased from them. they have some amazing jewellery that is actually reasonably priced and of good quality. 
  • claddagh ring - this one is really sentimental for me...it was a gift from my aunt and holds a special place in my heart. 
  • orly rage nail polish - i am an absolute nail polish whore, but this is easily in my top 5 varnishes of all time. it looks so amazing and flattering on the nails and is such a unique rose gold color. 


 now i don't know if i would wear this all at once, but a flash of gold here and there is perfect. moderation is the key because other wise i might start to resemble
this guy

until next time, take care xx

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to buy that rose gold watch for a while now - it's perfection! I'm so into rose gold right now too! xE

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the polish and your rose gold watch :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete